Monday, February 4, 2013

Kiss of Fire, Rebecca Ethington


Kiss of Fire (Imdalind #1)

Imagine Twilight if Edward was the only one in his family who was trying to be good. In fact, imagine if Edward's father killed humans for fun and would do anything  to control  his place of power, and that Edward was fighting to keep a semblance of his humanity, even as his father made him do horrible things.

Now imagine that  Edward and Bella had known each other their entire life. Imagine that they were friends first, and that falling in love was a process forged in solidifying experiences. Imagine that they earned the powerful love that they have.

Imagine if Edward wasn't a sparkling vampire, but a hot wealthy rugby player with brown curls, and the ability to heal or destroy. Imagine if Bella was a bullied beauty, hiding behind hoodies and trying to stay invisible. Imagine she had her own magical secret, a secret that'll end up killing her.

Now change the names to Ryland and Joclyn, give them a ton of character growth, and take away the cliched happy ending.

And what you have is Kiss of Fire by Rebecca Ethington.

Here's the goodreads link. Here's the amazon store link.

 I've known the author of this book for a long time. We met as Sophomores in High School, and Becky was beyond kind to me. That's the word for Becky, kind. We made secret Star Wars handshakes, wore the Disneyland shoes, and hung out in the drama room belting out Styx and Queen. ( For those of you who've read the book, I'm not saying that I was the inspiration for Joclyn's best friend Wyn. I'm thinking it, but I'm not saying it.)

:)

We'd sort of lost touch when she emailed me to ask if I'd be a beta reader for her.  She decided to make a copy of this book for her Grandfather for Christmas, and wanted to get her "little book" ( Becky's words not mine.) out there in case other people might want to read it too.

When I read her rough draft, I was blown away. This wasn't a little story, it's a freaking gem. A freaking gem that grabs you by the eyelids and pulls you around until at the end you're an emotional wreck. It's brilliant and beautiful, and kicking butt in sales. This "little" book has been on Amazon's top thousand for weeks now. It's having the kind of success that I hope and pray that my little book will find too.

Because...

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm publishing Funny Tragic Crazy Magic.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

(Launch date March 23. More details to come at my NEW Website www.boekwegbooks.com, or on facebook @ .facebook.com/SheenaBoekwegYAAuthor. Like if you'd like.)

With that self-promotion put aside, let's talk more Kiss of Fire. See, my friend Becky is a huge example to me on what to do, not just as a writer and in self-publishing, but also as a classy human being. Never more so than now.  She just announced on her website, rebeccaethington.com, that for all the month of February she's donating $1.00 from each copy sold to the Alzheimer’s Association (alz.org).

Like I said, she's kind.

Please read and support this book. It's going to be huge.
~Sheena









9 comments:

  1. It sounds like an amazing book, Sheena. I'm adding it to my TBR pile right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book does sound great, and I love the cover too.

    Congrats on publishing your novel too, Sheena. I wish you the best and can't wait to buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! My daughters are going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are going to need a whole post with details about when your book is coming out. That is such exciting news! I can't wait to buy a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible thing to do. And a worthy cause for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. She hired Okay Creations after her original cover she made herself got some bad reviews.

      Delete
  7. Wooo! I'm so happy for you, Sheena, that I'm doing cartwheels! Not really, because that would break me. But in my head.

    Can't wait to read your book. I mean, I could ask you to send it to me, but I kinda want to buy it for myself, shiny cover and all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Great news, Sheena! Can't wait to get a copy.

    And Rebecca's book looks great, too. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Use it! Remember... be silly, be honest, and be nice/proofread.