Monday, February 25, 2013

Just because it's Monday, and I can.


*Reblogged from boekwegbooks.com


Look whose name is right here ^

Twitter is a way, apparently, of stalking people in a socially approved way.

As many of you know, I'm planning on indie - publishing Funny Tragic Crazy Magic, but what some of you don't know, is that it's also in a pile on an awesome publishing house's short list. I follow (read stalk) the editor on twitter, and today she posted this picture about overcoming her depression.

A shot of Zoloft came for me when I looked at the notebook under her books and saw my name. My name uncrossed between two crossed out names. She's read it, she's liked it enough to not cross it off.

*Also, Melanie Crouse, I see an "se - Love" right there at the bottom, which in my mind has to be Crouse.

Because of this, and also because moving while trying to get book ready is less helpful than you would think, I'm pushing back FTCM launch date.

Not by much.

Funny Tragic Crazy Magic will launch April 1. April Fools Day. That's no joke, although my beta readers will get it.

A quick status report, I've broken FTCM into 5 Acts. Act 1 and 2 are back from the editor, Act 3 and 4 are in her capable hands, and Act 5 is staring at me, daring me to fix it before sending it on to the editor.

And it's good people. You can tell, because look whose name is right up there, uncrossed.

Best of luck to you, Editor-Who-Likes-My-Book.  Depression truly does suck.

~Sheena Boekweg

8 comments:

  1. Yeah! That's a real boost. Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With just an se and a Love, you wouldn't think this post would have the power to make me smile and smile, but it does (the sadness of depressed editors notwithstanding.) Good luck Ms. Boekweg. Thank you for keeping this waiting game just the tiniest bit fun. I owe you for that. (So I won't nag you about a sequel for at least another week... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Sheena. Fingers crossed that you get a phone call soon. :) This is definitely an advantage to having a unique name. There is no doubt that that uncrossed off name is yours.

    I love that story. I'm not surprised it is on the editor's short list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good eye! I'm impressed. Hope you hear something soon. Keep us posted, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to write a spy story at the moment, and when you read it, you shouldn't be surprised if there's a riff on this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO FREAKY and also very cool. You have a sharp eye! And yes, Twitter makes for delightful stalking unless you are a compulsive chatterbox like me and have to unfollow people (who aren't following you, of course) preemptively before you tick them off by responding to every single tweet. :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope she writes you soon with good news! And how cool would it be if you and Melanie both hear from her?! So excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies! I'm really hoping for Melanie!

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Use it! Remember... be silly, be honest, and be nice/proofread.