Friday, September 26, 2014

The Complete Guide To Kissing

If you search this blog using the terms “Melanie” and “kissing” or “romance” you’ll see that I’m something of an expert on the fine art of kissing...at least in my own mind.

There is the Is This A Kissing Book? post from 2012.

AND a five part series on how to create romantic subplots:


Back in 2003, I wrote a post called K is for Kissing for the A-Z Challenge.

Nothing lately though. Don’t ask me why…maybe because I’m in the middle of writing MY FAVORITE romantic subplot ever, and so I don’t feel the need to lecture everyone ad infinitum about how to do it. Whatever the reason, I can’t think of much about kissing that I haven’t said before.

Except this. Never forget this:
  • Don't bite his face, Eleanor told herself. It's disturbing and needy and never happens in situation comedies or movies that end with big kisses. (from eleanor and park...the quintessential guide to real kisses)
And of course, Albert Einstein was a well known expert on kissing:
  • Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, that reminds me of Ray Bradbury...ugh. I couldn't find it. But there's that scene somewhere where the woman kisses an alien, and it's so perfect, because he's not thinking of anything except kissing her...does anyone know what I'm talking about??

What are your favorite quotes about kissing?

3 comments:

  1. It's got to be from slaughterhouse five, don't you think? (The guy who is unstuck in time…)

    I loved your examples, they made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe you were right, but now I don't think so. I'm beginning to think I made the whole thing up. I'm a bigger kissing genius than I even thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to make yourself business cards: "Melanie Crouse. Author, Mom, Kissing Genius."

      Delete

Got an opinion? Use it! Remember... be silly, be honest, and be nice/proofread.