Thursday, March 21, 2013

The A-Z Challenge

First of all, I'm stepping on Susan's oh-so-talented toes here, because I am posting completely out of turn. Forgive me Susan. Everyone else, please check out today's real post...here.

This year, for the very first time, we are participating in the A-Z Challenge. During the month of April, each day except Sunday will be devoted to a letter of the alphabet. Each post must somehow connect to that letter. 

You're going to think we are cheating, but you're wrong. We've scoured the rules pretty thoroughly, and we're good. Although most people do the whole month alone, there are 6 of us Prosers, and we are doing the A-Z Challenge together. We'll be talking about writing, for the most part. This is the order we will be posting in:
Sheena: A, G, M, S, (Y)
MaryAnn: B, H, N, T, (Z)
Susan: C, I, O, U
Sabrina: D, J, P, V
Melanie: E, K, Q, W
Trisha: F, L, R, X
This is our first year doing the challenge. I've been harassing everyone to get their post themes to me for this blog-hop, but after careful consideration (and a perusal of the other blogs) I think that information can stay top-secret for now. Trust me. It's some good stuff.

10 comments:

  1. cheating is like bending the rules a bit... trust me i do it all the time, bending the rules.

    Jeremy [Retro] #66
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host
    Oh No, Let's Go... Crazy

    ps. you might consider turning off "CAPTCHA" people will be turned away by it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We probably will, Jeremy. However, we're waiting until the last minute, because we had a large onslaught of spam the last time we turned CAPTCHA off. :)

      Delete
    2. I looked up how to get rid of spam and tweaked a few things. I just turned it off for a trial run. We'll see how it goes. From everything I could figure out, blogspot is the least protected big host, so what I tweaked might not work. So far, so good though!

      Delete
  2. Sweet! I think it's great you have a whole team to work on this together.

    A to Z #536

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, trying hard here and because you asked, this is my theme: Stereoviews A-Z. These are really old photos from a family archive but I talk about period history and culture (1890s-1900s). I'm sure I've broken some rules too. (Lucky you to have 6 posters!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound interesting! I'm excited to see how it goes.

      Delete
  4. TOP SECRET. Not the same as lazy, in my case. Not in the least.


    Sharon, that theme sounds completely amazing. Who cares if you broke some rules? I'll definitely check it out. And yes, thank all the gods that I don't have to do all 26 posts myself. Shared blogs for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. Just thought I'd stop by to wish you luck with this challenge. As you'll be posting about writing, I'll definitely be popping back to have a snout around during April :)

    http://rebeccahgiltrow.blogspot.co.uk/p/a-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting idea, sharing it. I actually like the challenge . . . that is now . . . ask me again by the letter M and I might have a different idea.

    Rhonda
    Laugh-Quotes.com

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Use it! Remember... be silly, be honest, and be nice/proofread.