Friday, February 13, 2015

Melanie's Secret Weapon

Oh my gosh.

I don't HAVE a secret weapon.

I was sure I'd find one by the time we got to February.

I thought it would be one of those paradigm shifting secret weapons that would alter the space time continuum. But, nope...

Lucky for me, Sheldon's got one:


Actually, he stole the theory from Penny. Penny's theory states that you'll never do anything great if you're too comfortable. That theory is my life in a nutshell. No matter what's happening, I'm always trying to squirm my way back to the spot where I'm so comfortable that I don't have to be productive. I crave homeostasis. I'll do almost anything to get back to homeostasis. So if I get my life crazy enough, I am uber-productive, in an attempt to get back to where I don't have to do anything.

That's my secret weapon.  I hope it helps.


1 comment:

  1. I saw a similar tip that related to characters - the tip was to take away one small bit of comfort, one item they want but don't need, and see how they squirm.

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Use it! Remember... be silly, be honest, and be nice/proofread.