Monday, September 3, 2012

What it's Like to Be Married to a Book Zombie.


An interview of Darren Boekweg, by his wife, Sheena Boekweg- Book Zombie.


FYI, I've promised not to ask any "Do I look fat in this" kind of questions that will get him into trouble.


1. Does writing make my butt look big? (Okay, so I lied.)

I prefer to skip this question. 

2. If my writing ever makes us a million dollars, what's the first thing you will buy?

Whatever my wife wants. Which will be a trip to NYC, or a tour of Europe. 

After that, front row tickets to Wrestle-mania.

3.If my writing never makes us any money, do you think the messy house, and late dinners will still be worth it?

No. 

You wanted me to be honest.

4.You weren't always as supportive of my writing as you are now, what changed?

How many questions are there?

 Nothing has changed but my love for you has grown stronger over the years. 

Don't laugh after I say it either. Be nice.

5. What are some of the costs of living with a Book Zombie?

Lack of attention for hours on end.

6. What are some of the advantages of living with a Book Zombie?

I get plenty of space. 

7. What do books mean to you?

Books are a chance for enriching my life through living through other people's experiences.

8. What do you think books mean to me?

For you, books are just like alcohol, a way to escape the troubles of the world. A way to escape into a different reality.

9. Is there anything you would like to say to other spouses of Book Zombies?

Good luck.

10. Is it really so bad, being married to a book Zombie?

No. Do I make it sound bad? It's not bad, Bea. You're torturing me. Is that what you're writing. Don't copy everything I'm saying.  I don't know what you want me to say. All your questions are very pointed toward a specific answer, that I don't know what you are looking for. 

Well, let me ask you this, is it so bad being married to a television Zombie?


Nope. It's not so bad.

Thanks babe.

 I love you more then I love books.
  ~Sheena


5 comments:

  1. "for you, books are like alcohol"

    hahahaha, I'm pretty sure my hubs would say EXACTLY that!

    Loved the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview Sheena. Your husband is funny and very very smart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to tell you that I have reason to believe we are married to the same man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my husband could so relate to this!!!! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband flat out refused when I tried to grill--I mean interview him--with these questions. Guess he's not as brave as your husband!

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Use it! Remember... be silly, be honest, and be nice/proofread.